The INNER Agenda

What are the REAL reasons, why people do things? Are they caring, giving, selfless souls OR are they of the capitalist mindset and always think, "What's in this for me?"
For example, the honorable giving soul is one whom volunteers and give backs to their community. Perhaps this person is a manager and their agenda is to help guide and assist the workers below them. A person with no agenda, simply helps others for the sake of their inner soul and good deed morals. An example of a few no inner agenda occupations could be teachers, priests, social workers, volunteers, rehabilitation counselors, etc. These occupations tend to lead to selfless, non-capitalist motivation. These specific types of humans, may possess a genuine caring mindset.
Personally for me, and for better or worse, I have been heavily gravitating towards the "How does George Vance" benefit from this mindset. Lately, in my professional work and personal life, I consciously perform actions that directly further and assist my well being. As a single adult, with no family or dependents, I am currently in lone wolf, support mode. If I personally don't look out and work for my own greater self, who is?
Perhaps our individualistic, celebrity, entrepreneur U.S.A. culture is to blame for this, ME, ME, ME behavior. Back in history's earlier centuries, our economy was unionized, and workers were very LOYAL to their companies. They often stayed with their same employers for life. Nowadays, the Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Head Basketball coach was recently FIRED mid-season. While his team was sitting atop 1st place. Can you imagine being fired, while you were currently First Place in the standings?
Personally I don't have an employer. I do have a Real Estate Broker but NOT, an employer. As a Realtor, I am always seeking work and employment. If it's going to be, it is up to me.
In present day time, people are leaning towards the "what's in it for me" lifestyle. For example, I'm guessing celebrities, date and romance other celebrities simply so the two of them become mutually more famous. Thus they carry 2X the star power. Have you noticed this well-documented celebrity dating and marriage practice? The actor, Matt Damon seems cool to me. I really respect him! He is a happily married family man, whom met his wife while in a regular, normal, everyday bar. The non-social climber way to openly welcome life.
According to google, The singer John Legend is 5'9 inches tall, and his supermodel wife Chrissy Teigen is 5-9 inches tall too. I personally think they are dating and got married just because they both were on the upswings of fame, and wanted to enhance their celebrity powers. Do you agree? At 5"9 inches tall, Chrissy is going to always be taller than John if she wears lifts or heeled shoes of ANY kind. Maybe I'm old school and wrong, but women should romance with men physically taller than them. The higher power made people of all sizes for a reason. Maybe celebrity couples really are in love? Whatever.
Back to people and their INNER AGENDA. Have you noticed that monetary reasons fuel the majority of someone's inner agenda. Would you, our fantastic Sample Spectrum reader, show up and perform well at work if you were NOT getting paid. Why do we humans work? We work for money, to support and continue our lives. We all need food, love, and shelter, and have bills to pay.
In a perfect world, as a realtor, I would simply help a client, seller, or buyer obtain, and close on a 2 or 3 million dollar property. Next, I'd just take a damn break! I'd pay my taxes, go on vacation, travel, and live life freely on this earth. There is no real reason to be a workaholic, unless you hate your life. If you hate your life, maybe we should work on that aspect?
Here's another example of possessing an INNER Agenda. Why do NON professional, adult humans work out and exercise? If you are not training for a sporting event, than other than basic health, exercise is NOT necessary. If you didn't have to work out at all, and you could still be 100 percent healthy, would you still go forth and sweat? People whom exercise, myself included have an inner agenda. As winter winds down, I hope after exercising, lifting weights, biking, swimming, etc, I selfishly look sexier in a bathing suit and when viewed by the opposite sex. There is my inner agenda reasoning for working out.
To summarize, whether you have an inner agenda personally yourself or not, realize they are out there. Also, if you have the ability to metaphorically step out of yourself and VIEW the world, from another's eyes and persepctive, it could be beneficial to do so.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Real Estate Agent Insights

A Man's Own Merit.