Out to Pasture

When is it time to Retire? When is it proper to cease a course of action, and change paths? Is there ever an appropriate time to simply give up?
In general people are hard working, and also reluctantly stuck in their own individual ways. People with bad habits, need help quitting and improving their life.
For example, when does a professional athlete know in his own body, it is time to retire and quit. This year, Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers decided to retire from the NBA at the age of 37. I'm 34. Did he decide to retire because his contract was expiring, or did he feel deep down on the inside, that his "Hall of Fame" body had cried uncle? My humble guess, is that Kobe felt physically within, that his remarkable, fantastic, trophy hoisting basketball journey was down to it's last worthwhile lap.
In another example, the legendary, model marrying star quarterback of the New England Patriots, won another tough playoff game today. Tom Brady seems to have it all in life. He has Super Bowl winning success, yachts full of money, and a Victoria Secret model wife. I recently read a quote somewhere that Mr. All American, Magazine Cover man, Tom Brady hopes to continue playing NFL football until he is 46 years old. Really? Is that even legitimately possible? Does he genuinly think he can perform professionally that much longer? If he does, so be it. Go for it Tom, prove the doubters, like myself wrong.
Lately, and personally I've noticed my enjoyable partying night outs, have induced my own physical unpleasantness the morning after. My allotted recovery time has lengthened. Back in my college days and in my mid-20's, I could stay out and live it up with the best of them. These rowdy meandering nights consisted of occasional binge drinking, late night dancing, liquor shots, tall boy beers, bar jumping and more. The majority of my best life stories have been derived from these wild, spontaneous and adventurous nights out. Whether the night time debauchery occurred in Austin, Texas, New York City, MIA, or anywhere else, I used to be a PRO at gettting after it, All Star style. In a past life, when I lived in Manhattan, some of my very best "friends" were nightlife promoters. Via these nightlife promoter buddies, I would often gain access to some of the most select, exclusive high end nightclubs venues in Manhattan. For example, I remember the joyous times @ Cain, Marquee, PM, Gold Bar, Air, Guest House, Pink Elephant, Home, etc. These velvet rope nightclubs were always an indoor, rowdy, vibrant experience. These NYC nightclubs, had model patrons, coat-check at the door, and scantily clad confetti popping bottle service girls in the corner. My female, babe pick-up success rate at these venues, ebbed and flowed. I was neither an automatic score, nor an inept patron. In current times, I have purposely chose to not enter an upscale velvet rope nightclub in perhaps 5 years. The desire for this specific nightclub "Scene" has personally waned. I have pretty much put this aspect of life, out to pasture.
In another sports example, the legendary college football announcer and famous Rose Bowl TV personality Keith Jackson has retired. As an avid sports fan, and college bowl game watcher, I actually missed his distinctive voice, "WHOA NELLY" trademark phrases, and genuine opinions on the game. Remember legendary NFL announcer John Madden, he is retired too!
Is there any particular retired professional or business you truly miss in this world? Perhaps your doctor? Realtor? Store Owner? A Neighboring Business?
I used to work at Blockbuster Video in High School. It was a fun, easy, friendly, low stress job. Today, Blockbuster has been vanquished, and went Bankrupt in the American Marketplace. The rise of Netflix and the internet, sent Blockbuster Inc. to its death.
In our last example, let's say you've lived and resided in one specific city for 1 year or longer. Are people meant to keep roots and live in the exact same city their entire life? Or is it okay to move-on, keep it fresh, and try living in different settings? Lately I personally feel stale in my bustling, fun, growing hometown.
Thanks for reading the "The Sample Spectrum"
and I hope you know in your gut, when it is time to retire, change course, or simply move-on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Estate Agent Insights

A Man's Own Merit.

The INNER Agenda